Devon Prep Middle School Leadership Team & Philosophy
Your son will get more from his Middle School years at Devon Prep.
Our curriculum is highly-regarded and tailored for each student. But we also know each grade has distinct needs, and as such each has its own Coordinator. This leadership structure allows us to focus on the academic, social, and personal development of our students as they grow through their time in our Middle School and prepare for High School.
- Sixth Grade is about transition, helping the students adapt to the procedures and schedules of Middle School. Students learn how to manage multiple subjects – taught by multiple teachers – and start to bond as the newest class to the school. The Coordinator and teachers provide a high level of support.
- Seventh Grade is focused on further developing executive functioning skills, and providing additional choices in the variety of classes and use of free time.
- Eighth Grade allows the students to increasingly self-direct their own behavior, and focuses on preparing them for the increased freedom, academic rigor, and choices that await them in our High School.
Devon Prep Middle School Philosophy
The Middle School years are when your son will start to develop his sense of identity and self, so we give our students opportunity – opportunity to develop, to be himself, and to learn from failure and grow beyond it.
Devon Prep’s Middle School is built upon the development of three core ideas:
- Build Executive Functioning Skills and Independence
- Instill Leadership (via Middle School Leadership Program)
- Incorporate Character Development
At Devon’s Middle School, the LEGACY Program (Leadership, Empathy, Grit, Accountability, Community, You) was created to foster these three core ideas. This program, implemented via the Middle School Clubs, Advising and Counseling Programs, enables students to build a socioemotional toolbox and thus the opportunity to become the best version of themselves. Finally, all Middle School students participate in a robust Mission and Ministry experience that will help them grow in their own faith.
- Middle School Leadership Program
- LEGACY Program
- Middle School Clubs, Advising and Counseling Programs
- Mission and Ministry