Math Teacher – Full-Time
Full Time – High School / Middle School Math Teacher
Devon Preparatory School a Catholic, college preparatory school for young men in grades six to twelve, is seeking a full time teacher to join our faculty for the 2019 / 2020 school year.
Devon Prep’s approach to education is based on the traditions of the Piarist Fathers who are dedicated to the education of youth. It is the goal at Devon Prep to inspire in our students a commitment to values that will enable them to become responsible leaders. Focusing on each student’s potential, we believe that the school and the family must work together to foster a love of learning which will propel the student into a lifelong quest for excellence—for the glory of God and the service of neighbor.
It is expected the successful candidate would:
- Proficiently teach math to all grade-levels at various levels of difficulty, with a focus on Algebra I, Algebra II and pre-calc. Geometry optional
- Make math meaningful and relevant to students’ everyday lives and future careers
- Implement student-centered teaching practices
- Differentiate instruction and assessment for all types of learners
- Utilize technology with enthusiasm to enhance instruction and student learning
- Proactively communicate with students and parents
- Revise and plan new curriculum in conjunction with other members of the Math Department
- Serve as an academic advisor to current students
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and seek opportunities for cross-curricular learning
- Perform additional duties, such as advising a club and chaperoning events, as needed
In addition, a candidate should possess the following professional qualifications and personal qualities:
- Minimum B.S. in Math
- Teaching certification in Math is preferred
- A demonstrated commitment to professional development
- A sense of humor, warmth of personality, and energy
For more than 50 years, Devon Preparatory School has been dedicated to providing a trusting and supportive atmosphere where young men are motivated to excel academically, think independently and creatively, to pursue careers in diverse field
s and to enjoy extracurricular activities, both in school and in the community. Information about our school can be found at www.devonprep.com.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHERS:
Devon Prep’s staff has frequent encounters with visitors, students, faculty and staff throughout the campus. It is important to maintain a professional, helpful and positive demeanor while interacting with these individuals.
- Bachelor’s degree
INTERESTED PERSONS should send resume and cover letter to:
All inquiries and nominations are kept confidential. Devon Preparatory School does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, religion, race, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or national or ancestral origin in the administration of its educational policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other School-administered programs, or in the administration of its hiring and employment practices. The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
All positions currently posted are open, the post will be removed once filled.
For more than 50 years, Devon Preparatory School has been dedicated to providing a trusting and supportive atmosphere where young men are motivated to excel academically, think independently and creatively, to pursue careers in diverse fields and to enjoy extracurricular activities, both in school and in the community. Information about our school can be found at www.devonprep.com.