Devon Prep is a private, Catholic, college preparatory school for boys in grades six to twelve conducted by the Piarist Fathers and dedicated to the holistic education of young men for life. For more than 60 years Devon Prep has provided a trusting and supportive atmosphere where young men are motivated to excel academically, think independently and creatively, pursue careers in diverse fields and enjoy extracurricular activities.
It is the goal of Devon Prep to inspire in our students a commitment to values that will enable them to become compassionate, responsible leaders. Focusing on each student’s potential, we believe that the school and the family must work together to foster a love of learning which will propel the student into a lifelong quest for excellence – for the glory of God and the service of neighbor.
We are delighted that you are interested in pursuing employment at Devon Preparatory School.
Interested candidates should send a letter of inquiry and resume to Courtney Mollica, HR Generalist firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Job Openings
Substitute Teacher – November 2018
Devon Preparatory School a Catholic, college preparatory school for young men in grade six to twelve, is seeking an on call substitute teacher to join our faculty and to start immediately.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The position of Substitute Teacher will report directly to the Business Office. The substitute teacher will instruct students and facilitate their learning in the absence of the regular teacher and performs other related duties as assigned. Some days the substitute will be scheduled in advance and other days it will be on-call.
BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Provides classroom instruction to students as outlined in lesson plans.
- Supervises students
- Creates a classroom that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
- Maintains a safe and orderly environment.
- Maintains established routine of the school and classroom procedures in which assigned.
- Maintains a professional appearance as an example to students.
- Remains at school the entire school day, unless otherwise instructed to leave by building principal.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintains reasonable rules of conduct which encourage self-discipline and responsibility.
- Communicates effectively with parents when needed.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and times designated.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHERS:
Devon Prep’s staff has frequent encounters with visitors, students, faculty and staff throughout the campus. It is important to maintain a helpful, positive demeanor while interacting with these individuals.
- Bachelor’s Degree
INTERESTED PERSON’S CONTACT
Devon Preparatory School
610-688-7337 x 140
All inquiries and nominations are kept confidential.
Devon Preparatory School does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, religion, race, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or national or ancestral origin in the administration of its educational policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other School-administered programs, or in the administration of its hiring and employment practices. The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
For more than 50 years, Devon Preparatory School has been dedicated to providing a trusting and supportive atmosphere where young men are motivated to excel academically, think independently and creatively, to pursue careers in diverse fields and to enjoy extracurricular activities, both in school and in the community. Information about our school can be found at www.devonprep.com.