Marketing & Communications Specialist
Devon Preparatory School is seeking a full-time Marketing and Communications Specialist to promote our school and build a consistent narrative about our culture and why we are relevant in this competitive Private School market. We are looking for someone to coordinate the design and distribution of marketing materials within our local community and broader community. Skills to create marketing materials and build relationships are paramount.
Daily communication with the Administration, External Operations Team, Athletics and Faculty.
Strong desire to document the school year through photographs and video.
Weekly and Monthly Newsletter (write, build and email) to Devon community.
Knowledge and experience working with WordPress to make on the go changes and updates to the school website.
Comfort in writing news articles and press releases about the school, its students and faculty.
Experience in working with area media outlets.
Understanding of the current Social Media culture and how to market our information through those outlets, (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Google+ and YouTube).
Flexibility with scheduling is a must. School events ranging from Athletics, Academics, Spiritual, Service, Alumni and Arts all happen at different times throughout the day.
Willingness to attend/cover off campus events and weekend events.
Research and evaluate market trends and make recommendations about areas to move and improve in.
- Verbal and written communication skills that may include public speaking and presentations.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Time management skills with ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Knowledge of Social Media Outlets
- Comfort in using WordPress
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Advertising, Communications, Graphic Design or a related field.
- Recommended two years of related experience writing and editing projects; portfolio of relevant previous projects highly preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Periods of activity moving throughout the school building and school grounds.
- Ability to drive to cover events off-campus.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
Director of External Operations
About Devon Prep:
Devon Prep’s approach to education is based on the traditions of the Piarist Fathers who are dedicated to the education of youth. It is the goal at Devon Prep to inspire in our students a commitment to values that will enable them to become responsible leaders. Focusing on each student’s potential, we believe that the school and the family must work together to foster a love of learning which will propel the student into a lifelong quest for excellence—for the glory of God and the service of neighbor.
Interested applicants can submit a cover letter and resume to Nicole Hager at email@example.com.