Mrs. Beth Hallinan
Mrs. Kathy Bevilacqua
Mrs. Christine Bonfiglio
Mrs. Deb McGrath
Middle School Liason
Mrs. Roe Fulmer
Please consider Chairing, Co-Chairing and volunteering for our events. We especially need Chairs and Co-Chairs. There are always many helpers but we need to have those who are willing to coordinate the volunteers and delegate duties.
Chairs and Co-Chairs will have an event summary sheet and a budget from the previous year. The Parents Association’s goal is to have 2-3 Co-Chairs from different grades on each event so there are always people with experience to pass along their expertise. You can follow what has been done in the past or “do you own thing”. Even though we carry on Devon’s traditions with our annual events, it’s always great to have new and fresh ideas. The exact dates for these events will be on the school calendar and the Edline calendar as the year goes on.
- Used Book Sale
- Family Picnic—August 28, 2014
- Mother’s Covered Dish Dinner – Join other moms at Devon for an evening of food and drink featuring a casual buffet. Each grade brings a different dish (appetizers, salads, desserts, beverages). There are also a couple of vendors for your shopping pleasure.
- Headmaster’s Reception & Parent Orientation – Meet Father Shea and the Faculty of Devon Prep. You will receive a packet which includes your calendar and phone directory as well as your son’s schedule. Follow a short schedule of your son’s classes and meet his teachers. Finish the evening with refreshments in Calasanctius Hall
- Fall Open House – Held on Sunday, October 12, 2014, this is a time for prospective Devon students and their families to visit the School.
- Scholarship/Entrance Exam – Held on a Saturday and/or Sunday for prospective students, volunteers are needed to assist the Admissions Director.
- Fall Concert – A wonderful evening of music by the Devon Prep Jazz Ensemble.
- Oktoberfest – An evening of German food and beer for Devon Prep Dads, grads, granddads and other members of the Devon Prep Family.
- Up for a Cause – Students raise money for St. Jude’s Hospital by staying up all night. Sponsored by CAP.
- Middle School Halloween Party – Middle School Students dress up and party during the day in the cafeteria.
- Fall Drama – Two weekend performances of a play performed by Devon students and young ladies from area schools.
- 6th Grade Pizza Party – The whole family is invited to this fun night in the DP Gym. Pizza provided by Mr. Brazunas and snacks provided by families.
- National Junior Honor Society – Middle School Students are inducted into the NJHS. Refreshments are served after the ceremony.
- Quill and Scroll Induction
- Family Communion Breakfast – Join families for Sunday Mass and breakfast followed by a short address from a Devon alum.
- Grandparents & Special Others Day – Held on the Wednesday morning before Thanksgiving break, Grandparents and/or special others visit and are treated to musical performances and refreshments.
- Devon Prep 5K Challenge – Race and walk sponsored by the Alumni Association. The event is held during the Thanksgiving holidays at Devon Prep.
- Middle School Dance
- Christmas Gala – Join parents, faculty, staff, and alumni for a celebration of Christmas. Share drinks and hors d’oeuvres, and beautiful music in the beautifully decorated Calasanctius Hall.
- Scholarship/Entrance Exam – Held on a Saturday and Sunday for prospective students, volunteers are needed to assist the Admissions Director.
- Concert Band Christmas Performance
- Junior Ring Mass – Mass and reception in Calasanctius for juniors and their families
- 7th Grade Pizza Party – The whole family is invited to this fun night in the DP Gym. Pizza provided by Mr. Brazunas and snacks provided by families.
- Christmas Concert – Celebrate the sounds of the season with Dr. Radu and Devon Prep musicians and Chorale Tide.
- Upper School Christmas Semi-Formal – US students and their special friends celebrate the season on a Friday evening in Calasanctius Hall.
- Christmas Eve Mass – Celebrate Christmas Mass at 9 pm at Devon Prep School followed by light refreshments.
- Scholarship Entrance Exam – Held on a Saturday and Sunday for prospective students, volunteers are needed to assist the Admissions Director
- Incoming 9th Grade Reception – Incoming freshmen and their parents are invited to an information session and reception in Calasanctius Hall
- 8th Grade Pizza Party – The whole family is invited to this fun night in the DP Gym. Pizza provided by Mr. Brazunas and snacks provided by families.
- Middle School Dance
- Battle of the Bands
- Spring Tide – Our annual fundraiser for Devon Prep will be held March 7, 2015
- Mother and Son Communion Breakfast – Come with your son to Mass celebrated by Father Shea. The Mass is followed by a delicious breakfast and a speaker.
- National Honor Society Induction – Upper School Students are inducted into the NHS. Refreshments are served after the ceremony.
- Spring Musical – March 19, 20, 21
- Middle School Dance
- Freshman/Sophomore Semi-Formal
- Spring Open House – Held on a Sunday in April, this is a time for prospective Devon students and their families to visit the School.
- Foreign Language Honor Society Induction
- Spring Concert
- Junior/Senior Prom
- Senior Mother’s Tea
- Middle School Sports Banquet
- Concert Band Spring Performance
- 8th Grade Celebration Dance
- Upper School Sports Banquet
- Baccalaureate Mass – June 5, 2015
- Class of 2014 Commencement – June 6, 2015
- Eighth Grade Mass & Advancement Ceremony – June 10, 2015
- Closing Ceremonies – June 11, 2014