Mrs. Monica Pedano
Mrs. Karen Manzanares
Mr. Matt Sarkees
Mrs. Maureen Sena
At Large Members
Middle School Coordinator
Please consider Chairing, Co-Chairing and volunteering for our events. We especially need Chairs and Co-Chairs. There are always many helpers but we need to have those who are willing to coordinate the volunteers and delegate duties.
Chairs and Co-Chairs will have an event summary sheet and a budget from the previous year. The Parents Association’s goal is to have 2-3 Co-Chairs from different grades on each event so there are always people with experience to pass along their expertise. You can follow what has been done in the past or “do you own thing”. Even though we carry on Devon’s traditions with our annual events, it’s always great to have new and fresh ideas. The exact dates for these events will be on the calendar in Schoology as well as on Devon Prep’s website.
- Used Book Sale
- Family Picnic – September 7, 2017
- Parents Association Board Meeting – September 20, 2017
- Mother’s Covered Dish Dinner – Join other moms at Devon for an evening of food and drink featuring a casual buffet. Each grade brings a different dish (appetizers, salads, desserts, beverages). There are also a couple of vendors for your shopping pleasure.
- Back to School Night – September 14, 2017 – Meet Father Aisa and the Faculty of Devon Prep. You will receive a packet which includes your calendar and phone directory as well as your son’s schedule. Follow a short schedule of your son’s classes and meet his teachers. Finish the evening with refreshments in Calasanctius Hall
- Fall Open House – Sunday, October 1, 2017 – This is a time for prospective Devon students and their families to visit the school.
- Scholarship/Entrance Exam – Held on a Saturday and/or Sunday for prospective students, volunteers are needed to assist the Admissions Director.
- Fall Drama – Weekend performances of a play performed by Devon students and young ladies from area schools.
- Oktoberfest – An evening of German food and beer for Devon Prep Dads, grads, granddads and other members of the Devon Prep Family.
- Family Communion Breakfast – Join families for Sunday Mass and breakfast followed by a short address from a Devon alum.
- Up for a Cause – Students raise money for St. Jude’s Hospital by staying up all night. Sponsored by CAP.
- Middle School Halloween Party –Middle School Students dress up and party during the day in the cafeteria.
- Parents Association Board Meeting – November 1
- 6th Grade Pizza Party – The whole family is invited to this fun night in the DP Gym. Pizza provided by Mr. Brazunas and snacks provided by families.
- National Junior Honor Society – Middle School Students are inducted into the NJHS. Refreshments are served after the ceremony.
- Grandparents Concert
- Quill and Scroll Induction
- Devon Prep 5K Challenge – Race and walk sponsored by the Alumni Association. The event is held during the Thanksgiving holidays at Devon Prep.
- Christmas Gala – Join parents, faculty, staff, and alumni for a celebration of Christmas. Share drinks and hors d’oeuvres, and beautiful music in the beautifully decorated Calasanctius Hall.
- Scholarship/Entrance Exam – Held on a Saturday and Sunday for prospective students, volunteers are needed to assist the Admissions Director.
- Concert Band Christmas Performance
- Junior Ring Mass – Mass and reception in Calasanctius for juniors and their families
- Christmas Concert – Celebrate the sounds of the season with Dr. Radu and Devon Prep musicians and Chorale Tide.
- Upper School Christmas Semi-Formal – US students and their special friends celebrate the season on a Friday evening in Calasanctius Hall.
- Early Decision Welcome Reception
- Christmas Eve Mass – Celebrate Christmas Mass at 9 pm at Devon Prep School followed by light refreshments.
- Parents Association Board Meeting – January 10, 2018
- 7th Grade Pizza Party – The whole family is invited to this fun night in the DP Gym. Pizza provided by Mr. Brazunas and snacks provided by families.
- Scholarship Entrance Exam – Held on a Saturday and Sunday for prospective students, volunteers are needed to assist the Admissions
- Accepted Student Reception
- Second Look Night for Prospective Students
- Rally for Life – Washington DC
- 8th Grade Pizza Party – The whole family is invited to this fun night in the DP Gym. Pizza provided Devon Prep and snacks provided by families.
- Middle School Dance
- Battle of the Bands
- 9th Grade Pizza Party – The whole family is invited to this fun night in the DP Gym. Pizza provided by DPPA and snacks provided by families.
- Mother and Son Communion Breakfast – Come with your son to Mass celebrated by Father Aisa. The Mass is followed by a delicious breakfast and a speaker.
- Arts Week – Jazz Band Concert
- Spring Tide – Our annual fundraiser for Devon Prep held in the gym.
- National Honor Society Induction – Upper School Students are inducted into the NHS. Refreshments are served after the ceremony.
- Arts Week – Spring Musical
- Middle School Up for a Cause – fundraiser benefiting St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- Living Stations of the Cross
- High School New Family Welcome Reception
- Middle School Dance
- Freshman/Sophomore Semi-Formal
- Spring Open House – Held on a Sunday in April, this is a time for prospective Devon students and their families to visit the School.
- Spring Concert
- Junior- Senior Prom
- Foreign Language Honor Society Induction
- Middle School New Family Welcome Reception
- Senior Mother’s Tea
- Middle School Sports Banquet
- Freshman – Sophomore Semi-Formal
- Concert Band Spring Performance
- 8th Grade Celebration Dance
- High School Sports Banquet
- Baccalaureate Mass
- Class of 2018 Commencement
- Eighth Grade Mass & Advancement Ceremony
- Closing Ceremonies