Devon Preparatory School is a private, Catholic, college preparatory school for young men in grade six to twelve. Devon Prep’s approach to education is based on the traditions of the Piarist Fathers who are dedicated to the education of youth. For more than 50 years Devon Prep has provided a trusting and supportive atmosphere where young men are motivated to excel academically, think independently and creatively, to pursue careers in diverse fields and to enjoy extracurricular activities, both in school and in the community.
It is the goal at Devon Prep to inspire in our students a commitment to values that will enable them to become responsible leaders. Focusing on each student’s potential, we believe that the school and the family must work together to foster a love of learning which will propel the student into a lifelong quest for excellence—for the glory of God and the service of neighbor.
The Goals of a Devon Prep Education
- Promote Piarist traditions of teaching.
- Within a Roman Catholic framework and the teachings of Jesus Christ, help each student to understand his relationship with God, his place in God’s plan, and his responsibilities to his fellow man.
- Enable students to put their faith into action through activities designed to help those less fortunate, both intellectually and materially.
- Foster a spirit of respect among all members of the Devon Prep Community.
- Maintain and develop curricular and extracurricular programs that challenge the intellectual capability and curiosity of students and thereby strengthen their skills of inquiry, critical analysis, decision-making, and communication.
- Maintain and develop extracurricular programs that nurture the diverse skills and interests of students and thereby strengthen their mental, physical, social and leadership abilities.
- Through coursework, extracurricular activities, and assemblies, teach students to be good citizens in our pluralistic society.
- Through effective classroom management, establish environments conducive to learning, where creative and independent thought is enthusiastically encouraged and respectfully considered.