Devon Prep is a private, Catholic, college preparatory school for boys in grades six to twelve conducted by the Piarist Fathers and dedicated to the holistic education of young men for life. For more than 60 years Devon Prep has provided a trusting and supportive atmosphere where young men are motivated to excel academically, think independently and creatively, pursue careers in diverse fields and enjoy extracurricular activities. It is the goal at Devon Prep to inspire in our students a commitment to values that will enable them to become compassionate, responsible leaders.
We are delighted that you are interested in pursuing employment at Devon Preparatory School.
Current Job Openings
School Kitchen Worker
Devon Preparatory School seeks candidates for the position of School Kitchen Worker.
This is a non-exempt, 40 hour per week position responsible for kitchen duties at Devon Preparatory School – enrollment 280 boys, grade 6-12. This person performs a variety of tasks including, but not limited to food prep, grill cooking, cleaning and sanitation of kitchen area. This person is responsible for food safety and sanitation under guidelines set by Devon Prep Dining Services. This person works with Kitchen Manager, administration and other staff to ensure the success of the department.
- Possess current background checks and clearances from state and federal agencies
- Work with minimum supervision and high accountability;
- Conduct him/herself with the highest of ethical standards and integrity, be of good moral character and maintain an even disposition;
- Be flexible with regard to the duties and responsibilities that best fit the current and future needs of Devon Prep. This position will require overtime availability including, but not limited to weekends.
Ideal candidate will be able to:
- Work assigned stations such as Food Prep, Fryer, Fry, Pizza, Grill etc.
- Follow recipes and produce food items as assigned by the Kitchen Manager. Maintain proper food temperatures and appearance of food. Record and maintain food production records. Be responsible for gathering ingredients, utensils, pots, pans and food from walk-ins and freezers for preparation of product.
- Clean and sanitize equipment including but not limited to hoods, ovens, grills, floors, walls, hot trucks, kettles, prep tables, broilers, char broilers and other cleaning task as assigned by Kitchen Manager.
- Work special functions as assigned by chefs/managers.
- Additional duties as assigned by Kitchen Manager that may include utility and pantry duties.
Interested candidates should send a letter of inquiry and resume to Jennifer Gregory, Director of Operations, at email@example.com