Devon Prep at a Glance
Religious affiliation: Roman Catholic, conducted by the Piarist Fathers
Enrollment: Total – 271 (All Boys) in grades 6 through 12
Student/teacher ratio: 10 to 1
Students per class: Ranges 2 to 25, Average is 15
Tuition (2015-16): $22,200 – Upper School, $19,200 – Middle School
Location: 20 acre campus in Devon, on Philadelphia’s Main Line. Devon Prep students hail from Delaware, Chester, Montgomery and Bucks counties as well as parts of Philadelphia.
SAT scores of graduates (3 year avg.): CR: 620, M: 625, WR: 604
College placement: 100% accepted to 4-year colleges
Accreditation: Middle States Association
Faculty: 34 total; 22 men; 12 women; 2 Piarist Fathers; 8 are Alumni; 3 are Alumni Parents
Alumni: More than 2,000 alumni living throughout the United States and in 16 countries worldwide.
Devon Prep alumni have gone on to become attorneys, medical doctors, college professors, CEOs and CFOs, clergy, actors, artists and reporters. Some notable Devon Prep alumni include:
- Matt Huenerfauth ’97 Assistant Professor, Computer Science, City University of New York (CUNY), Queens College.
- Rev. Gerard J. Olinger, C.S.C ’97 Vice President for Student Affairs and Assistant Professor of Political Science, University of Portland
- Mark Malseed ’93 Author of several books including The Google Story, and chief researcher for Bob Woodward’s Plan of Attack and Bush at War.
- Dr. Colin Phoon ’81 Director of Pediatric & Fetal Echocardiography, New York School of Medicine, NYU.
- Dr. Richard Battafarano ’80 Chief, Division of Thoracic Surgery , Associate Professor of Surgery, University of Maryland Medical Center
- Daniel L. Shields III ’80 United StatesAmbassador to Brunei Darussalam
- Kevin Magee ’72 Executive Vice President, Fox News.
- Dr. Anthony Coletta ’71 Local surgeon who pioneered laparoscopic surgery.
- Robert Ambrogi ’67 Director of the American International School of Johannesburg; former Superintendent, International School of Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Frank M. Lesher ’66 Former Executive Vice President, Sony Electronics Corporation.
Advanced Placement courses: (Available beginning with sophomore year in Upper School) Biology, Chemistry, Physics B, Physics C, Environmental Science, Computer Science, Calculus (AB or BC), Statistics, Language & Composition, Literature, US Government and Politics, European History, U.S. History, Human Geography, French, German, Spanish and Java.
- 80% scoring “3” or better on AP Exams
Class of 2015 (at end of Junior year) – 31 AP Scholars, 17 with Distinction
- * Devon Prep is the only Pennsylvania High School recognized in the College Board’s Advanced Placement Report to the Nation 2007 for Excellence in Performance and Participation in the AP Physics B Program.
National Merit Scholarships: On average nearly 20% of our graduates are named Finalists, Semifinalists, or Commended Students by the College Board in the National Merit Scholarship Competition. (Class of 2015 – 11 National Merit Scholars, 3 Scholarship Winners)