Welcome to Devon Prep Health Services. Mrs. Catherine Ciocca is Devon Prep’s School Nurse. Mrs. Ciocca holds a BSN in Nursing from Gwynedd Mercy University, and a School Nurse Certificate from Immaculata University. She is available to the students during school hours. She can be reached at 610-688-7337, ext. 112 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Health Room Policy
- All medications must be taken in the health room and provided to the school nurse in their original container along with a doctor’s note.
- Epi-Pens and inhalers are considered emergency medications and may be carried by the student if a doctor’s note is on file in the health room.
- All doctor’s notes must be dated within the current school year.
Please keep your son home if he has the following:
- Fever in the last 24 hrs (100 degrees or above )
- Vomiting in the last 24 hrs
- Diarrhea in the last 24 hrs
- Unidentified rash
- Drainage from eye/eyes
- Persistent cough
When a Doctor’s Note is Necessary:
- Students using crutches or any device for ambulation or mobility must see the nurse on the first day they use the device and provide a Doctor’s note regarding the use of it.
- A Doctor’s note must be submitted to be excused from PE and sports.
- Doctor’s note must be submitted to return to activities.
- A Doctor’s note is required when a student is absent for 3 or more consecutive days due to illness.
Dismissal from school due to illness must be done by the nurse. The nurse will contact a parent and a parent must sign out the student in the Main Office before he can be dismissed.
State mandated physical exams are for 6th grade and 11th grade. These do not need to be filled out on a specific form, however one is provided here to be downloaded for your convenience.
Dental forms are due for all 7th graders and any new student coming from outside of Pennsylvania. Please download a Dental Form HERE.
The Physician / Parent Medication Forms can be downloaded HERE.
Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Emergency Care
An Emergency Care Form for students with food allergies can be downloaded HERE.